Travelling can be uncomfortable. Whether you are traveling by car, plane, or train having the right travel accessories is a must to ensure easy, comfort along the way. A travel pillow is at the top of the list to guarantee better travel days. Here are the best travel pillows on the market today.
Everlasting Comfort’s Memory Foam Travel Pillow Kit is the essential travel accessory. The ergonomic design fits perfectly around the neck when sitting in the upright position. There’s also a cell phone pocket on the neck pillow. The kit also comes with noise-eliminating earplugs, an eye mask to block out light, and a travel bag. These are all necessary accessories for long flights or train rides. It comes with free shipping and a lifetime replacement warranty so you know quality is guaranteed.
Travel rest Ultimate Pillow
This travel pillow is on the list because of its unique travel design. This inflatable travel pillow’s L-shaped design allows for it to rest on your should and lay across your torso for ultimate comfort. Because it is inflatable it can be stowed away easily and inflated to fit the firmness you desire as you travel.
BCOZZY Chin Supporting Neck Pillow
This ring-shaped travel pillow is perfect for all-around neck support when traveling. It is adjustable to fit the desired height when resting your chin on the firm pillow. It allows for all-over support or can be folded for support on one side. Its machine washable and comes in a wide variety of colors and sizes. Even kid sizes. It also has a travel strap so it can be attached to luggage for hands-free travel.
Sunany Inflatable Neck Pillow
This travel pillow is designed for people that prefer to sleep forward while traveling. This is unique because the pillow is worn as a vest and is secured around the top half of the body for all-over comfort. It is inflatable and machine washable.
Benefits of Travel Pillows
The head weighs almost ten pounds so having adequate support while you sleep in an upright position prevents slouching neck and muscle strain. Travel pillows can provide all-around support of the head as you travel leading to more productive sleep which leads to a happier traveler.
What to Look for in a Travel Pillow
Find the right shape for you
- U-shaped: These are probably the most commonly shaped travel pillows. They are designed to rest on your shoulders to give support to your neck while sitting upright.
- Wedge Pillow: Wedge pillows are designed to provide lower back support while sitting upright. If you suffer from lower back pain, this may be the travel pillow shape you need to travel comfortably.
- Sling with strap: This type of travel pillow is designed to rest on your shoulder and rest across one side of your body. They are typically inflatable and are perfect for travelers that prefer to lay on one side. Some models come with a strap to help the sling pillow to stay in place.
- Ring-shaped: Ring-shaped travel pillows wrap around your entire neck. They not only provide support to the back of the neck but for your chin as well. This helps prevent jerking your head forward when sleeping.
- Block Pillow: Block pillows are generally the biggest of travel pillows and are commonly made from foam. They allow you to rest your body forward to additional support.
Let’s face it, that airplane seat and wall is not the cleanest so you will want the option to wash your travel pillow once you’re home. Look for more machine washable materials or even a pillow that has a removable cover that can be removed and washed.
Travel pillows are relatively affordable, but it is still a good idea to set a budget goal on what you would like to spend before shopping online.
Size and Accessibility
When traveling you want to keep things small and lightweight, but comfort is also vital. So keep this in mind when looking for a travel pillow. If you don’t mind blowing a travel pillow up on the airplane, an inflatable pillow may be a good option. They can easily be stored and are compact. If inflatable pillows aren’t your style go with a pillow that is small and potentially has a strap or small bag so it can carry easily.
Being confined to sit in one place when traveling can be uncomfortable so having the right travel accessories is vital to having better travel days. There are the best travel pillows on the market to make traveling as bearable and relaxing as possible.