Negligent Car Accidents
We need to tell you first that there are vital steps to take if you find yourself in a car accident on the roadways. Please take note of the following steps.
- Call 9-1-1 and report the accident—request medical assistance.
- Give your report to the police but be careful with the words you use. Never say you are sorry for the accident to anyone. Never tell the police or insurance company that you may have been at fault. Using words that give the police or insurance company reason to believe that you caused this accident could significantly damage your compensation case, especially if you were the victim.
- Seek medical attention and take care of yourself first. Seek medical attention if all you think you sustained is whiplash. Serious health issues could arise in the future due to this incident. No car accident should be considered, nothing at all.
- If you are injured and cannot take photos of the accident and document what happened, please assign this to a trusted family member or friend to do as soon as possible. Would you please obtain witness names and phone numbers? Document what you believe happened that caused the accident.
- Notify your car insurance agent and tell them that they can speak to your attorney for information.
- Contact a seasoned and experienced wrongful accident/injury/death attorney as soon as possible. If you cannot come to us, we will come to you as quickly as possible.
- Document your healing progress or setbacks.
Were you in a car accident, and are you the injured victim of a negligent driver?
Did you suffer serious injuries?
Were your injuries life-changing?
Every car accident case that goes to court is different. It is difficult to determine how long your trial lasts. Depending on the circumstances, and there are many issues to consider. Your trial could last a day or two or drag out into weeks.
Will My Accident Case Go to Court?
As seasoned attorneys for car accident victims, we try hard to settle out of court. Sometimes we do not choose to settle outside of court, especially if someone dies in an accident. We frequently represent family members who lost a loved one to death in a car accident that was not their fault.
Our goal is to advocate for you when you are injured in a car accident due to another driver’s negligent behavior. There are many variables to an accident, but usually, a car accident brings about a mound of extra expenses that you did not plan.
You were not at fault for this accident; you need help paying for mounting debt. Perhaps this accident caused you the inability to work. Maybe you lost your job due to a disability from this accident. There are many costs associated with a car accident, and if you were not at fault, you need to be compensated by insurance companies and the driver at fault. These entities do not want to pay you anything and will try to prove that the accident was as much your fault. For this reason, you need to call a seasoned attorney whose expertise is handling car accidents, insurance companies, and other attorneys.
It is your seasoned attorney who can calculate past, present, and future expenses and bills. You must make sure that your settlement is fair and is enough to take care of all expenses associated with your accident.
Car accident cases that go to court are not minor accidents or fender bender cases. These cases are severe and significant accidents. The circumstances of your case and how the defendant’s attorneys handle the case determine how long a trial takes.
The laws in Washington State are complex and complicated, and no accident victim should think they can represent themselves in a court of law. You cannot win your case without the expertise of your attorney. We deal with all the complexities of Washington’s laws, insurance companies, other attorneys, witnesses, the police, the judicial system, and more. We are your strongest advocate for your victim’s rights, and we work to protect those rights. All we expect you to do is heal and return to health.
When your case goes to court, we must prove that the other driver was negligent and caused this accident. We must prove that the defendant had a duty of care not to harm those around them on the road. We demonstrate that this driver violated that duty. This violation caused your injuries, and as a result, you suffered damage due to this person’s negligence and reckless actions.
We must present, in court, all the possible evidence we can find, such as,
- Videos from traffic cameras
- Police reports
- Medical reports
- Insurance reports
- Witness testimonies
- Police testimony
- We may reconstruct your accident using expert witnesses to present this scenario and testify on your behalf.
Injured in a Car Accident? You Need a Strong Advocate to Fight for Your Victim’s Rights
Call us as soon as possible if you believe you are a victim of a car accident caused by a negligent driver. Your first call to us is a free, no-obligation consultation. We want to help you get compensation for your injuries and losses. Never allow a negligent person to walk away without paying for their reckless behavior.
We want to hear what you have to say, and if we believe you have a good case, we want to work for you and get you the settlement you deserve. We will advocate for you and protect your victim’s rights. Never feel guilty about filing a lawsuit for compensation against another person who was negligent in their actions.