Accidents are always harrowing. You would feel more traumatized if the accident happened because of someone’s fault. A significant number of personal injury cases are reported in Los Angeles every year. Sadly, not all people with valid claims get compensated for their losses. It often has to do with how they handle their claim. People have doubts about hiring an attorney, often because they don’t want to add to their financial distress. The good news is most law firms charge a contingency fee for PI cases in California. You don’t need to pay the lawyer until you win. Here are some key signs that you need a personal injury lawyer Los Angeles.
- You have suffered serious injuries. If your injuries include multiple fractures, disfigurement, or loss of a limb, the chances are high that your medical bills will pile up. The at-fault party’s insurance limit may not cover your immediate and long-term losses. In such circumstances, it is best to hire an attorney.
- There is no clarity on liability. If an accident involves more than two parties, finding liability could be the hardest task. When you cannot determine who is at fault, your best bet is to hire an attorney who can investigate and gather evidence. A good lawyer will help find details that are otherwise hard to understand.
- You were also liable for the accident. Shared fault can change the outcomes of personal injury lawsuits. California laws are claimant-friendly, and therefore, you can sue a party for their negligence even when you are more at fault. However, the other party and their insurance company won’t take it easy on you. Get an attorney if you believe that you were to blame for the incident.
- You don’t know how to deal with the insurance company. For the insurance adjuster, your personal injury case is just another claim. They don’t care what you have suffered or whether your losses are serious. They would do their work and try to downplay your losses. Call a reliable lawyer when you don’t want to deal with the claims adjuster directly.
- You need legal advice. This is possibly the most genuine reason to lawyer up. Let’s agree that a lot of us don’t understand personal injury law, and it makes no sense to risk the claim when you are unaware of your rights and options.
Call a personal injury lawyer now to know more.