Motor vehicles come in all shapes and sizes; small, medium and large, with a range of styles that are specifically designed. If you are looking to buy your first set of wheels, here is a guide to the various auto styles that are available in 2023.
- Sedan – This is a very popular style, with 4 doors, a boot and the engine under the bonnet, also known in some parts of the world as a saloon car, this is a traditional family-style car that has been around for almost 100 years.
- Coupe – The coupe is a sporty design with two doors and usually has a sloping body. Typically, a sporty version, a coupe has a solid roof and is ideal for a single person or young couple with no children. Check out Australia’s leading car dealership, where you can test drive the car of your dreams.
- Convertible – A soft top two-seater, a convertible might have an auto roof that opens or closes at the touch of a button, or it might have a leather covering, which was popular with older models.
- Sports – Built for speed, a sports car is a 2×2 with very little storage space. High-performance cars come in sports style; Porsche, Ferrari, and Lamborghini are all top sports car manufacturers, indeed, most auto manufacturers have a sports series.
- SUV – The perfect family car, the SUV (Sport Utility Vehicle) is a top seller and for very good reasons, stylish, rugged and highly functional, there isn’t much that you can’t do with an SUV. Every automaker has an SUV range and with so many options, you can tailor the vehicle to suit your lifestyle. The SUV is a 5-door vehicle with 4WD as an optional extra. Click here to find out about 0% finance.
- Hatchback – Ideal for the single career-minded person, nippy, chic and very economical, with a small engine and hybrid power solutions. A choice of 2 or 4 doors, with a large opening rear to access the big storage area. Think of it as a shortened sedan; popular with urban drivers for numerous reasons, especially cheap running.
- Pick-up truck – Functional and durable, known as the ‘ute’ here in Australia and is one of the top sellers year after year; commerce, mining and agriculture sectors rely heavily on the pick-up and if you live in a rural community, a truck is perfect.
- People carrier – These are perfect for large families and group transport, the people carrier can accommodate 7-9 including the driver. If you have a big family or you like travelling with friends, a people carrier would be a suitable vehicle. A focus on comfort and stability, the many options include home theatre, a/c and a minibar.
If you are looking for a new car, start by searching online for a local dealership and take your time, as there are many makes and models. Once you find the car, the dealership can offer competitive finance and you can drive away your dream car.