Are you wondering when is the best time to buy a used car? If yes, you should click right here for the important things to know.
If you are in the market for a used car, you have probably wondered “when is the best time to buy a used car?”
While there is no perfect time to buy a car, certain times of the year or month are better than others if you are looking for a great deal on a used car. You also have to consider your finances and make sure you are buying a car you can truly afford. Car buying is already a complex process so getting the timing right is essential for having a seamless experience overall.
If you are considering your options and are not sure when to stop planning and start shopping, this short and simple guide is for you.
When Is the Best Time to Buy a Used Car for Deals?
There are several times a year your local car dealership will have various deals and discounts on their used car inventory. These times are:
- At the end of the quarter to make way for new models on the lot
- During the holiday season, which is likely the best time to buy a car
- During the off-season when dealerships are eager to move inventory and make up for lost sales
- After new model releases dealers need to get rid of old, outdated models so their inventory is fresh
- During dealership days when dealers have surprise deals
- During 3-day weekend deals, like a labor day car deal
By choosing a day when you are sure to get a deal on your car, you will be walking away with a new-to-you car and some extra cash in your pocket from the discounts you received. Not sure when these deals are happening?
When Is the Best Time to Buy a Used Car for Your Finances?
Ideally, you should purchase a car when you can truly afford the expense of a car. Aside from the car payments, you will have insurance, registration, gas, upkeep, emergency repairs and many other expenses to pay. Some indications you can afford a car are:
- When you’ve paid off your current car
- When you have a sizeable down payment saved
- When you have a good credit history and score and are sure to qualify for financing
- When you can afford the monthly payments without causing a strain on your finances
By purchasing a car you can afford, you will be able to use and maintain the car without adding to your financial stress. Having your finances in order is a key sign of when to buy a car.
The Best Time to Buy a Used Car Depends on You
The question of “when is the best time to buy a used car?” can only be answered by you.
Ideally, you will want to begin the car-buying process when you can truly afford the added expense and during a time when the best deals and discounts are being offered. When everything aligns, you will have found the best time to buy a used car for your situation.
Don’t forget to bookmark our site and never miss a post.