These days, a house is incomplete without a garage. And when it gets damaged, it’s a risk to your safety, and it also leaves your valuables in the garage exposed. No one wants that, right? Hence, the need to maintain and extend the life of your garage door.
But before we lay down the details of increasing the life of your garage door, let’s first know what causes our garage doors to get damaged.
The most common garage door damages people notice are
- Hardware Malfunction: Parts like springs and cables get damaged by continuous usage. They can also become brittle with age. You should inspect cables on a regular basis for any signs of damage or decay.
If you notice any, you should call repair professionals to get it repaired before it’s too late. SD Garage Doors are one such leading professionals who expertise in such maintenance works. Don’t hesitate to learn more by checking out Titan Garage Doors – garage door opener repair Burnaby.
- Dents: Even a small dent in your garage door shouldn’t be ignored. Small bents, dents and cracks in steel or aluminum garage doors, can lead to rusting if they are exposed to moisture. Rusting will completely destroy a door with age.
- A Noisy Door: A noisy door is a sign. It tells you different potential problems—it may be an issue with the spring system or the door track asking for adjustment, or maybe the door simply needs to be lubricated for proper operation.
- Damaged electronic components: Water damage, along with regular wear and tear, can lead to electrical problems in your garage door opener, including remotes and keypads.
- Neglecting regular maintenance: Neglecting regular maintenance is one of the most common reasons for garage door damages.
Here are some tips for you to help maintain and extend the life of your garage door
- Keeping rust away: Garage doors have way too many hinges, bolts, and whatnot; once they’re rusted, it can affect other components as well. Rusting is something that can be easily prevented. Applying paint or lubrication at regular intervals helps prevent rusting.
- Cleaner Surrounding: Most of the time, when backing up to the garage, you hit some toys, a machine, or sometimes the door itself. You can prevent this by keeping a cleaner environment in and around your garage.
- Water Leakage: Any type of leakage is fatal for garage doors, especially water leakage. Water leakage may cause rusting, or electrical problems, such as damage to remotes, sensors, or keypads, or your most valuable asset in your garage, i.e., your vehicles. It’s very important to seal every possible area where water leakage can take place.
- Conducting Inspections: Nothing will last long if you don’t take good care of it, same with garage doors. Timely inspections are necessary for its smooth operation and long life. An expert inspection from SD Garage Doors is recommended for preventative maintenance on all of your garage doors.
Why do we need garage doors?
- Safety and Security: A garage door is an important part of a home’s protection and safety. Apart from keeping your vehicles safe, it also helps keep intruders and animals away from the garage.
- Enhances looks: Your garage door plays a major role in enhancing your home’s value and looks. It’s one of the most significant details people notice when looking at your house from the street.
- Protection from Seasonal Elements: Particularly during some fall months, seasonal elements start to threaten car exteriors. For example, snow, rain, salt, debris, and all other related sources can spoil your vehicle’s exterior designs, if your garage is not fully covered. But the installation of a quality garage door will protect your vehicle from all these elements.
How do I get specialist glass door services?
Garage door shopping is just the first step in the process of installing new garage doors. You need a team of specialists with tonnes of experience, like those at SD Garage Doors, to install and conduct annual maintenance for your garage doors
A functioning garage door is essential for the safety of your home. Many things can damage garage doors, such as improper maintenance, bents and dents due to cars, and hardware malfunctions, among others. Always remember to get garage door inspections regularly to prevent long-term issues, which can result in costly repairs.